In the tradition of Fr. Sorin’s inspirational journey and intrepid spirit – our Notre Dame spirit – we invite you to join us on a personal pilgrimage. Experience the history of the C.S.C. and live the mission of Notre Dame as you journey together with fellow pilgrims.
1-Day Pilgrimage | Register
3 miles of walking, begins at Howard Park in downtown South Bend, Indiana
Scenes from the Final Day
Saturday, August 26
6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Complimentary parking and transportation from campus
8:30 a.m. Pilgrim blessing at Howard Park
- Join the 14-day, 5-day, and 3-day pilgrims
8:45 a.m. Begin walk along the St. Joseph River
- Hike through South Bend, Holy Cross College, and Saint Mary’s College
- Visit the graves of Rev. Edward Frederick Sorin, C.S.C. and the Brothers in the Holy Cross Community Cemetery
- Light a candle at the Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes
- Tour the Log Chapel and Basilica of the Sacred Heart
11:30 a.m. Celebrate Mass with University President Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C. presiding
- 175th Anniversary picnic following mass
Originally published at al.nd.edu.