First and second-year MFA students will have open studios in Riley Hall from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm. The guest critic is Craig Drennen, an American artist based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Drennen is best known for his ongoing long-term Timon of Athens project, for which he has produced paintings, drawings, prints, videos, performances, sculptures. His work shows technical agility across a wide range of influences that spans abstraction, representation, and conceptual practices. In a catalog essay, the curator Diana Nawi writes that Drennen's "…multifaceted, dense, and ambitious practice suggests a world of meaning defined by symbols that emerge in different media and coalesce across projects." Learn more about Craig Drennen.
2nd Year MFAs
10:30 am–12:30 pm
- Junyoung Park, ID – 201 Riley
- Hans Miles, Ceramics – 119E Riley
- Nik Swift, VCD – 215 Riley
- Joe Matty, Photo – 3rd Floor Office Gallery
- Jacob Lehmann, Painting – 315A Riley
- Riley Fichter, Sculpture – 100 Riley
1st Year MFAs
2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Griffin Liu, Sculpture – 112 Riley
- Emma Ryan, Painting – 315A Riley
- Thomas Callahan, Photo – 210 Riley
- Norah Amstutz, Ceramics – 120E Riley
- Katherine Lestingi, ID – 201 Riley
- Jason Daniels, VCD – 215 Riley
All studio and design classes are canceled in celebration of Department Day/MFA Open Studios.
Free and open to the public.