Studio Art

Metal Sculpture

Studio Art prepares students to contribute creatively to the social and cultural discourses that shape contemporary society.

Degree Concentrations

Degrees offered include

Declaring the Major or Minor

Students may declare the Major or Minor only after having completed one of the foundation courses (Drawing I, 2D, or 3D), or while currently enrolled in one of those courses. Declare the Major or Minor in the departmental office, 306 Riley Hall of Art. 


Students are required to seek program advising for the B.A. and B.F.A. majors from the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) or an assigned advisor. Students are not required but are encouraged to seek program advising for the Minor from the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS).


Questions about studio art? General questions can be sent to, or, you can contact Director of Undergraduate Studies, Emily Beck. If you have specific questions about studio art, feel free to contact a faculty member directly.